Join in the Australia Day festivities – 26 January, on Sydney Harbour with your own Australia Day boat hire. We have a range of yachts, catamarans and boats – all with a professional skipper. There is plenty of fun and action scheduled on the Harbour through out the day and evening.
The annual Sydney ferry-thon race commences at 11am, with some old classic timber ferries, as well as new ferries cruising past the Sydney Opera House to Rose Bay, and return past Fort Denison to the finish line under Sydney Harbour Bridge. Your Australia Day boat hire can be part of the flotilla tracking the leisurely race
There are many Sydney Harbour beaches perfect for swimming in January. Our skipper will drop anchor close to beautiful sandy beaches where you can have lunch, and swim into the beach.
The Fireworks in the evening is another feature of the day, where you can drop anchor in designated harbour zones, watching the spectacle up close.
Party boats are also popular on Australia Day. We can provide a range of vessels for you and your friends to “party on”. We can provide hostess, music, and of course, food and beverage catering.
Eastcoast Sailing can provide a range of skippered yacht charters and catamaran rentals as well as fun party boats to take you up close to the action.
What’s On ?
- Great Sydney Swim: 8.30am, Farm Cove
- Ferrython: 1045 – 1130, Sydney Harbour
- Tug and Yacht Ballet: 1205 – 1250, between the Harbour Bridge and Opera House
- Australia Day Harbour Parade: 1245 – 1415, Sydney Harbour
- Red Beret Stunt Planes: 1230 – 1400, Sydney Harbour skies
- Tall Ships Race : 1300 – 1330, East Sydney Harbour
- 181st Australia Day Sailing Regatta : 1330 – 1430, East Sydney Harbour
- Cruising Concert: 1215-1700, Central Harbour, and Athol Bay
- Darling Harbour Fireworks Spectacular: 8.45pm, Darling Harbour