Join in the Australia Day festivities – 26 January, on Sydney Harbour with your own Australia Day boat hire. There is plenty of fun and action scheduled on the Harbour through out the day and evening.
Eastcoast Sailing can provide a range of skippered yacht charters and catamaran rentals as well as fun party boats to take you up close to the action.
What’s On ?
- Great Sydney Swim: 8.30am, Farm Cove
- Ferrython: 1045 – 1130, Sydney Harbour
- Tug and Yacht Ballet: 1205 – 1250, between the Harbour Bridge and Opera House
- Australia Day Harbour Parade: 1245 – 1415, Sydney Harbour
- Red Beret Stunt Planes: 1230 – 1400, Sydney Harbour skies
- Tall Ships Race : 1300 – 1330, East Sydney Harbour
- 181st Australia Day Sailing Regatta : 1330 – 1430, East Sydney Harbour
- Cruising Concerts: 1215-1700, Central Harbour, and Athol Bay
- Darling Harbour Fireworks Spectacular: 8.45pm, Darling Harbour
On day two, Eastcoast Sailing was amongst the thousands enjoying the water. But how about the bizarre weather? We were cruising north from the Eastern suburbs, heading towards Quarantine beach. Not really that far… So, we had South Head (to the south), North Head to North, Middle Head to the West. But we could NOT see land – anywhere.
There was an unusual sea fog that enveloped the northern parts of the harbour till late morning. Met Bureau advises that it was very humid warm air passing over cold ocean water causing the moisture to condense. With our trusty compass, we managed to find land again…Thank God we’re ALIVE!